Wednesday, June 17, 2009

flying objects

I’ve been seeing a lot of interesting flying things…

A small bright yellow bird swooping in front of me and T80s. Possibly a Yellow Warbler. I see these only occasionally - on their migration, I suppose.

I saw another bird while out on a run. It was sort of chickadee like – small and brown but with a bright red tail – don’t think I’d ever seen one like that before.

Also, Mindful and I rode along next to a big orange dragon fly along Foothill Blvd for a while. Fun to watch it pass in front of the different backdrops – Dragonfly in front of fast food joint, Dragonfly in front of Blair’s Speed Shop (don’t have much use for that place no more…), Dragonfly in front of liquor store, and then finally… Dragonfly in front of bright blue sky with passing puffy clouds (did I mention the sun is out!)

And then a pretty cool Carpenter Bee with a black body and yellow shoulder pads buzzed over to sniff my wine this evening…

2 comments:

mindful mule said...

...oh yeah, also, of course, the florescent green parrots are pretty hilarious, too...

Melissa said...

I just saw a whole mess of dragonflies down in Carmel this weekend. They are so cool.