Tuesday, May 26, 2009

mini historic angeles ride

Rode “Mindful Mule” on a new route in and out of the outskirts of Downtown LA this evening for a little bicycle advocacy meeting at Philippe’s - the place has been here forever (since 1908) – French dip sandwiches, sawdust on the floor, and 9 cent coffee!

The route was a little mellower than I expected and mellower than the previous route I’d used to get downtown (no rabid dogs biting at my calves) and way easier and faster than the train. So now I just might go down there more frequently. Lots of burrito potential along the way, too!

I also finally located the San Antonio Winery (since 1917) along the ride. I’ve been meaning to check that place out for a long time and now it’s on my radar.

Made it back home just as it was getting dark with a sliver of moon watching over the peaceful pueblo de la reina de los Ángeles…

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Dude! You need to carry a camera. Especially riding in the city.

mindful mule said...

You're totally right. I missed a ton of photo op's. I'd like to do an ongoing photo essay of my town, but right now my camera just isn't up to the task...