Wednesday, January 23, 2008

waiting for the rain

A little rain is on the way - seven days and seven nights, supposedly. Actually, one of those days has already passed with no rain – just some drizzle – 6mm.

Roiling grey sky most of the day today… a few moments of sun almost broke through, too…

I went out for a run this afternoon. I’m not sure if I was trying to get the run in before the rain came, or intentionally trying to get caught in it.

Ran up to Devil’s Gate Dam via the Arroyo Seco (about 14 roundtrip). Felt good to be out in the brewing storm. The last mile was slow but still solid. My speed seems to be up a bit on my longer runs, but that may just be a result of the cool temperatures.

Discovered a great recovery drink in the fridge – margarita mix. Take a few slugs off that big ol’ bottle and pow – it’s like a super strong and zingy Gatorade - I recommend a water chaser.

It’s getting very dark out there. Brown Mountain looks black. Still no rain, though… oh, wait… here she comes now.

No comments: