Tuesday, December 18, 2007

lineage

I just came across Gary Snyder’s new book (published in 2007). I didn’t even know he had a new book. I was fishing through the library yesterday looking for… well, looking for a book, of course. I had a couple of good recommendations from the blogging world (thanks), but they were all checked out. I was just about to give up when I took one last shot with my old friend. I don’t know how I missed this books release. At least I’ve found it now. I’m glad to see that there are a few other people finding it, too - it’s been checked out three other times. I find it interesting to note when books I’m reading have been check out by other people. Often times a few years has gone by in between readings.

Gary has had a big influence on my life. Although we’ve never met, we seem to be following a close relationship with the natural world of Pacificalifornica that surrounds us. Or maybe I’m following him into that world. And maybe he’s following Muir…

No comments: