Sunday, May 13, 2007

nice normal weekend


Happy Mother’s Day. Went for a run to the bridge with Hilary (my girlfriend – no blog, yet) this morning. It was nice. We got to do a lot of talking. Usually she’s pretty tuned into her ipod, but for some reason not today. Pictured to the right is the collection of rocks that we place at the base of the bridge each time we run. I place one rock and Hilary usually places one stick each time we make it up there. We’re getting ready for the Mt Wilson Trail Race coming up in 2 weeks. We’ve got a small group of people that will be running with us. I think it should be fun. I haven’t been in an organized run for a couple years. I’m looking forward to it. It’s an 8.6 mile course with about 2,100 feet of elevation gain. Just the right stats to work up a healthy appetite for pancakes and a few pints afterwards.

Shoe report: still love the moon shoes – I only call them that because I think they look like an astronaut should be wearing them with all that silver color.

I didn’t make it to my favorite Brown Mtn trail. Instead I tried a new route with a friend. It was a steep paved road toward Mt Lowe. I could only keep up about 3 or 4 miles per hour. Then a treacherous (in my opinion) single track (Sunset Trail) on the way back down. I have no suspension on my bike so that route down was a little outside of my ability. We made it down safe, but I don’t think I’ll try that again. I think I spent as much time carrying my bike as I did riding it. But it was beautiful up there. There’s a lot of flowers blooming right now and it’s been a little cooler the last few days (mid 70’s). So the ride was a little steep and technical for me, but all in all it was a pretty good time – it’s nice to push the limits once in a while. I spent most of the rest of the day relaxing on the shady patio at the Pub. Hope you all (the two people that might be reading) had a nice weekend.

Friday Log
Run 7
Bike 22
Sangria 2
Guinness 2

Saturday Log
Bike 29
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 3
Rasputin Stout 1 (just a taster size)
Apple Cider 4ish

A note on alcohol: part of the reason I’m logging my drinks here is so I can see for myself what the situation really is with my alcohol consumption. I’d like to see that section of the log decrease and the riding and running sections increase.

No comments: