Monday, May 28, 2007

fun mountain run


Wow, that Mt Wilson run was a lot harder than I expected. My legs have been so sore since Saturday. I guess I haven’t been doing much trail running lately. My quads are killing from running down the mountain. I’ve been hobbling around ever since. The race was awesome, though. I had a really fun time. I can’t wait ‘til next year. Hilary and I ran it together with a few of her co-workers.

It was definitely the smallest organized race I’ve ever been a part of. I saw bib numbers going up to 350, but it seemed smaller than that. It’s a good thing that they do limit the numbers on this run, though, because it’s mostly singletrack. I ended up getting trapped behind a lot of people on the way up. This was frustrating for the competitive side of me, but I was able to stay calm and remember/notice that it was really cool to just be out there on a beautiful morning with a bunch of running enthusiasts.

The front-runners were really moving. The winning time was something like 1 hour and 30 seconds. It was an out and back course, so it was pretty crazy when the fast folks were headed back down the mountain while us slow pokes were still heading up. It was a tight squeeze between steep drop offs and speedy runners.

We went out for Margaritas afterward. That turned out to be a bad idea. By mid-afternoon we were totally floored and useless.

Friday
Run 3
Bike 8

Saturday
Run 8.6
Margaritas 2, XX (dos equis) 1

Sunday
Bike 10
Sierra Nevada 5, Mendocino Red Tail 1, Heineken Light 1, Pacifico 1?

No comments: