Friday, May 25, 2007

fast recovery

I went out for a short easy run Thursday to test out the feet, ankles, knees, hips, back, neck, etc. – everything that got whacked when I fell off my bikes on Monday. I felt a little creaky at first, but by the end of the run everything seemed to be falling into place with only very minor discomfort, so it looks like I’m still a Go for the Mt. Wilson Trail Race this Saturday. It should be a fun time.

I haven’t decided if I’m going to run Friday, the day before Mt Wilson. I probably will – just to work out any last kinks in my stride – maybe another easy three miles. It’s not like I’m trying to set any records on Saturday and it’s only 8.6 miles – half of that being downhill.

After the run we’re heading to the best restaurant in the world – Mijares Mexican Restaurant in Pasadena. It’s been around for over 85 years. They’ve created a low calorie margarita made with Splenda that they call the “Spa Margarita!” Have a nice weekend.

Thursday
Run 3
Bike 8
Blue Moon 1, Sierra Nevada 2

No comments: