Saturday, June 7, 2008

running news

The Mt Wilson trail race was rescheduled for this morning. 4.3 miles and 2000 vertical feet up and then straight back down the same trail all the while trying not to force the other runners of the steep slope just one misstep off the two foot wide trail. The trail was in really good shape after the fires and subsequent trail crew work. It was a nice sunny warm early morning. The best part of the trail is towards the top where it levels out a bit and gets some nice deep shade from big old trees.

My goals for this event were to A) to do better than last year, B) break 1 hour 30 minutes (1h 37m in 2007), C) finish in 1:24 (this was a late breaking goal when I found out this morning that my bib number was 124 – I thought it would be neat to have matching finish time and bib number).

I was really happy with my improvement over last year. I finished in about 1:27 – about 10% faster. Goal C will have to wait ‘til next year…

No comments: