Sunday, January 13, 2008

the day after

Pretty tired today after my re-introduction to the word of “weights.” I’d forgotten about that part of it. I could barely get out of bed this morning. After eventually making it past the coffee phase of the morning I headed up the Brown Mtn trail with CICLE Tony. I think we were both pretty tired this morning. We only rode about two-thirds of the trail. It was a really nice day for a ride, though, and it felt great to be up on the trail again (first of 08).

I still think lifting will be good for me in the long run and hopefully provide the added strength and fitness level to push further back into those mountains. I did a little web-study on Catra’s Crossfit – seems like a solid program. I might try to copy it for a while. I don’t think the junk in the garage is going to cut it for very long…

Last week
Run 16 = 3+3+7+3
Bike 71 = 3+10+(3+19)+6+9+21

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

There are not many things better than the pain of lactic acid. ahhhhh.

mindful mule said...

True, true… and I just redosed this evening – with real weights – story to come…