Monday, November 19, 2007

easy weekend life

Had a nice weekend of riding - a road ride, a mountain ride, and a few townie rides.

As usual, the road ride was spent in conversation about dream bikes and crazy people (a psychological term), as well as creating a comprehensive list of excuses for not bike commuting (three words Dan: six flat miles.)

The mountain ride started out on a super foggy morning. Visibility was about 100 meters. Then it cleared into a perfect riding day. Jim and I took the lower creek trail in the canyon below Brown Mtn. A few stream crossings, and a nice mix of cyclists, runners, and walkers.

The townie rides took me by the library to return some John Muir books (can’t get enough of him lately), a few other odds and ends, and then lunch/beer/newspaper at the end of the bar. Ahhh…

And one short run.

Last Week:
Run: 28 = 7+18+3
Bike: 65 = 3+4+(21+7)+(21+9)
Burrito: 3
Beer: 12 = 2+1+6+3
Car: 16

7 comments:

shawnkielty said...

I wish my commute was 6 flat miles -- oh wait -- it is ...

Jonah said...

Yeah, a flat six is just fine isn’t it? (They even use them in Porsches - haha.) So, how can we convince my friend Dan to ride to work once a week? Beer bribes?

shawnkielty said...

I just noticed your reading list - I am sure you know the eBernd Heinrich is the definitive expert on the "Mind of the Raven" ... A topic that is pretty difficult to unlock.

Jonah said...

I hadn’t heard of Mind of the Raven. Looks good. I like the idea of the ancient connection between man, raven, and wolf. One more for the list. Thanks.

A Midnight Rider said...

The guy at the end of the bar with the newspaper. There is one in just about every town. Only the good one ride bikes though.

A Midnight Rider said...

MLS Cup in LA next year. Well, near LA. The Home Depot Center. Brandon and I will be there for sure. (maybe).

Jonah said...

I’m actually just the understudy to the guy with the newspaper at the end of this bar, but someday I hope to take over the leading role.

Well, then we should all definitely (maybe) drop by the bar for an MLS victory celebration.