Saturday, September 8, 2007

falling

I don’t know why, but I haven’t been riding much at all for the last two weeks. I guess I’ll blame the heat. And, I think part of me has been waiting for “The Secret Metamorphosis Bike” to arrive (can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait), but that’s too long to wait, so I finally went up on the mountain this morning on Mindful Mule. I rode with Mr. Miller (dude, you’ve got to get that bike fixed). We took it pretty slow up half of Brown Mtn which provided some ultra slow speed balance and bike handling practice along with several unsuccessful attempts at wheelies (what’s my problem – too timid) and then took the El Prieto singletrack down and out.

El Prieto is a nice spot for a trail run, too, and now I know the mileage – about 2, plus the mile from the approach road.

In other news, fall seems to have arrived. It was 59 degrees this morning when I left the house and there are fresh green acorns dropping all around.

No comments: