Monday, May 21, 2007

I wish every week was bike week

Bike week wrapped up this weekend with the Bike Expo which was great. It was held, like most of the other events and ride starts, in the courtyard outside Gordon Biersch restaurant and bar (hence: all the Golden Exports this week). There were lots of exhibitors including the very small and local. The highlights for me were Bicycle Fixation and Townsend Cycles
I got a chance to talk with the people that ran these companies and they were really nice and seemed to care a lot about people and bikes and quality.

There were some really cool bikes on display. And of course I didn’t have my camera. There might be some photos on the C.I.C.L.E. website. Some of the best bikes were old restored bikes. I’m tempted to restore one of my old spider web/rust bikes now. Or at least get it out on the road again. I just have to make sure to keep myself from turning it into a fixie. Fixed gears look so awesome and simple. They really attract my attention. I guess some part of me really wants to be trendy. I’ve never ridden a fixed gear bike so I don’t understand their appeal on a mechanical level. Right now I’m still addicted to shifting. Today I’m going to rest and let the sunburn fade.

Friday
Run 7
Bike 11
Golden Export 2

Saturday
Bike 23
Golden Export 1, Sierra Nevada 1, Margarita 1, Fat Tire 3

Sunday
Run 3
Bike 32
Apple Cider 1, Fat Tire 1

No comments: