Friday, June 18, 2010

re-toe-in

Mindful Mule has been squeaking a lot lately, again. This is great when you’re about to get doored and you slam on the brakes to let out a blood curdling squeal in order to politely inform the driver to shut their damn door, but mostly it’s a little annoying.

So, I re-toed the pads and was very lucky (or skilled) in the process as I nailed it on the first try – front and back – no hassle at all. Finished in record time – probably like twenty minutes – hardly even got my hands that greasy.

I’ve only tested them out on my super steep driveway with no helmet as is my strange tradition, but they were quiet and buttery all the way down. Hopefully they’ll stop me in normal street braking, too. Also, hope there’s not another post upcoming to tell you about how I had to readjust, again, as is often the case.

15 days ‘til Le Tour!

6 comments:

jaymes said...

Hey Jonah, hope all is well with you! I noticed what you are reading, I read it a while back and really enjoyed it. Also in the June/July edition of Men's Journal they have a very good article on running barefoot.I always think of you when I see and article like that. I think you might enjoy it.
Lance Armstrong is on the cover.
Take Care. Enjoy the summer!!
jaymes

mindful mule said...

Thanks, Jaymes. I'm really enjoying that book, Soul of Nowhere. It's a good reminder to keep that nature/earth based perspective. I'll check out that article.

mindful mule said...

Pretty good article. Point of note: Lance Armstrong is on almost all the magazine covers right now. 5 days 'til Le Tour!

shawnkielty said...

Brown mountain, yellow blog -- hey mule!

happiness all over the holidays ...

mindful mule said...

Thanks very much, Shawn. Happy holidays to you, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just want to say hello to the community