Monday, October 5, 2009

Brown Mountain Closure Details

The most recent information I have is that the southern section of the Angeles National Forest (home of Brown Mountain) is closed until September 30, 2010! One whole year! There should be rioting in the streets! This seems impossible… like a really bad dream.

Entering the forest is punishable by a $5000 fine. I’ve heard reports that there are people up there anyway. I don’t see how they could enforce such a large area very well. They probably won’t even try but until I get my black ninja suit I’ll probably have to stay out.

It appears that the Echo Mtn trail, Mt Wilson trail, and Mt Wilson Rd (just recently reopened after years (4 or 5, I think) of closure due to landslide) might remain open. None of these lead to Brown Mountain.

I’m basically in shock. I have no idea how I’ll make it through the year.

I guess now would be a good time to overhaul every centimeter of “Metamorphosis.” I’ve certainly got the time…

No comments: