Wednesday, September 17, 2008

HAL is back

What's an inverter? I don't know but my computer's (HAL) got a new one now and it's up and running... whew. It's nice to be back on a normal size keyboard - as opposed to the tiny little laptop pad for which you need chopsticks to type.

The following text is related to the photos in the post directly below:

This started out as a small project – rotate the tires. The rear tire was getting a lot more wear (as usual) so I figured I’d flip them and extend their lifespan.

However, when I removed the rear tire, things changed. Remember when I was wondering how long a rim will last once it’s started to get concave? Well, I still don’t know for sure, but I think the best advice is to replace the rim when you start to wonder about it.

Removing the rear tire put just enough stress on the rim to reveal/open this crack. Believe it or not, it goes almost all the way around the circumference of the rim – on both sides!

So, Mindful’s out of commission for a while, but new wheels are in the works...

No comments: