Friday, August 29, 2008

end of a slow summer

In the past four days I’ve run a total of 20 miles. 8+3+3+(3+3)= 20. I ran twice today - once in the morning, once in the evening. I haven’t had a 20-mile week since May 19 – 25. Three months! Now you see what I mean when I say I haven’t been running much. However, this week I’m slowly getting back on track. The second run today felt better than any of the rest of the runs from the week. The cherry bomb is very slowly getting diffused. I’d like to get in at least one more medium length run this weekend. If I can just keep this 20 per week thing going I could potentially do 800 by the end of the year, so I’m now aiming for that (revised from 700 in the last post.)

Also: It really is feeling like fall. I know officially fall won’t start until September 22, but I’m gonna go ahead and call summer over. It seems to make more sense to me that a season would overlap the solstices and equinoxes anyway. I’d say a month before equinox/solstice should mark the boundary between the seasons.

Tomorrow: I really want to ride Brown Mountain! (It's been 7 weeks!)

No comments: