Thursday, August 21, 2008

bad good run

Last night’s run was horrible. I rode up to the trailhead and ran from there. But I could barely run at all. It took all I had just to keep from dropping down to speed walking pace. I had no energy and little drive. I’ve been reading a book about Prefontaine, and a magazine article about Meltzer so I figured I’d be able to tap into some of their spirit for motivation, but it didn’t work that way.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons for this drop in performance. The primary factor is just that I haven’t been running much due to all the other reasons/excuses.

The good part, though, was that I somehow managed to drag myself out there and even though my body and spirit wanted to quit immediately, I got in about an hour of running on the creek trail – there’s probably a better name for that creek – I’ll look it up – maybe.

Also good and bad… while I was on the run, all I could think about was mountain lions. One of my friends recently reminded me that they like to hang out in trees. So the whole time I was scanning through all the trees looking for sleeping lions and wondering around which bend they would pounce.

No comments: