Wednesday, April 16, 2008

let them drink lemonade

I went for a long run yesterday up to the top of Devil’s Gate Dam. It felt really good. I like the trail leading up to it. I wanted to get in as many miles as possible early in the week because starting today I’m testing out the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet and I don't yet know how it will affect me as I have never tried it before. This diet has been around for a while. Stanley Burroughs wrote a booklet about it in 1976. It is supposed to remove a lot of toxic and/or unnecessary buildup in the body. Friends of mine tried this a few years ago but I was never totally convinced until I read that Catra does it. So, I figure if Catra can do it and run and run and run then it's probably okay.

I’ve done some fasting in the past – just water for 1 – 3 days. These were good experiences but focused more on a spiritual element. The lemonade diet is more focused on healthful renewal. More importantly, it is supposed to maintain normal energy levels throughout. General recommendations are to continue the diet for ten days.

The diet is a very simple mix of water, lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. It should make grocery shopping pretty easy for the next several days.

No comments: