Saturday, March 15, 2008

lazing into spring

I’m not sure if this is even possible, but I think I just saw five recumbent bicycles on my run this morning. They seem to be growing in popularity. And, I have to admit, they did look pretty comfortable to ride. I wonder, does the lower position make them more aero than a traditional bike and therefore easier to ride over long distances? The biggest concern they present for me is that they seem to be too low to be seen well by all the horseless carriages out on the road. It seems that recumbents used to frequently have a tall flag flying off the stern, but nowadays I don’t see that so much.

My running miles are slowly creeping back up again. I’ve been under ten miles per week for a few weeks. Today I went out for nine and bumped the weekly to twenty-two. Hopefully this trend will continue.

I might try to put together a spring poppy sequence over the next few weeks. They’re just getting ready to pop. Here’s stage one:

No comments: