Friday, November 30, 2007

Santa’s Ride


I rode over to borrow Santa’s Xtracycle at lunch today for CICLE’s Toys & Mittens Ride . It was a little rainy today, so I checked the weather online figuring maybe they’d have better news for me than what was right outside my window. When I looked at the radar image I saw an opening in the clouds that I figured would hold for about an hour at right around noon. So I put on my rain gear and headed out. About 5 minutes into my ride it started drizzling. At ten minutes in, it started raining a little harder. And then by the time I was half way to my destination (the north pole) it was pure good old rain. So much for that break in the clouds.

I enjoyed my ride in the rain, though. Before it started raining I kept worrying about the rain. But once I was out there riding all that stopped - no need to wonder about the rain that’s already falling on your head. I think I was even smiling a little as I rode the sleigh along singing, “raindrops keep falling on my head…”

And besides, afternoon coffee and chocolate tastes much better when your toes are a little cold.

Oh, and don’t worry, I’ll return the sleigh before it turns into a pumpkin… I mean, before Christmas Eve.

No comments: